Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Favorite

Well, I don't know if this is my favorite, but I will start with this one. (I think I am going to take a week and post my favorite hymns.) Part of the reason I like this song is due to the fact it is one of my grandfather's (Grandaddy) favorite songs. It is found in the Church Hymnal # 394.
Call Jehovah Thy Salvation
Call Jehovah thy salvation, Rest beneath the Almighty's shade,
In His secret habitation Dwell, and never be dismayed:
There no tumult shall alarm thee, Thou shalt dread no hidden snare;
Guile nor violence can harm thee, In eternal safe-guard there.
From the sword at noon-day wasting, From the noisome pestilence,
In the depth of mid-night blasting, God shall be thy sure defense:
He shall charge His angel legions Watch and ward o'er thee to keep;
Tho' thou walk tho' hostile regions, tho' in desert wilds thou sleep.
Since, with pure and firm affection Thou on God hast set thy love,
With the wings of His protection He will shield thee from above:
Thou shalt call on Him in trouble, He will hearken, He will save;
Here for grief reward thee double, Crown with life beyond the grave.
When I Call Him my salvation He will care for me. It is amazing how music helps carry the text.
What thinkest thou?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome words! I'll have to check out the tune to see if I like the song. =)
~Susan