Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas Favorite

O Come All Ye Faithful is my favorite Christmas hymn. First, the song writer calls us to come to Bethlehem and worship. Second, he tells us who God is. Third, he implores the angels to sing. Fourth, He was accepted, by some, as the Word of the Father, Now in flesh appearing. After each verse he calls the singer to come and adore Him. It is interesting that he tells the angels to sing. A misconception most people have is that angels sang to the shepherds. This is incorrect. Angels cannot sing they have not sung in scripture since the fall. In fact, the Bible says in Luke 1:28 And having come in, the angel said to her. In the following verse the angel said to her. The angels may have longed to sing but could not. Once again, I wonder what your favorite Christmas song is?

1 comment:

Glen Zehr said...

First, I don't know if I "know" anything but I do have opinions. I believe their were a host of angels, and they were praising God. However, I don't think they were singing they were saying.
GZ