Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another

This may be the one you were wondering about Rob. I found this song a couple years ago while I was pounding out some hymns on my piano. Number 54 in the Church Hymnal is where this tune can be found.
God, My King
God, my King, Thy might confessing, Ever will I bless Thy name;
Day by day Thy throne addressing, Still will I thy praise proclaim
Honor great our God befitteth; Who His majesty can reach?
Age to age His works transmitteth, Age to age His pow'r shall teach.
They shall talk of all Thy glory, On Thy might and greatness dwell,
Speak of Thy dread acts the story, And Thy deeds of wonder tell.
All Thy works, O Lord, shall bless Thee; Thee shall all Thy saints adore:
King supreme shall they confess Thee, And proclaim Thy sov'reign pow'r.
Unbelievers have an inaccurate view of God. They may not believe God exists or that God is good. Someday everyone will confess that He is God. We as believers need to be talking about the great things God, Our King has done for us. What has God done for you today/yesterday?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to interject that it was in fact me that introduced that song to the Bethel Mennonite song rotation. The first time I led it I was shocked to realize I was the only person that seemed to know it. Therefore, if I know it...I'm guessing my brother also knows it as we grew up in the same church. Rob? Do you know it?

I hereby claim full credit for unearthing this musical gem unless you can prove otherwise...so there.

Glen Zehr said...

Oh my, you are so wrong......:)

Rob said...

I hate to spoil things for you but I already knew that song. I remember it fondly from my high school days. Its still driving me crazy about that mystery song you led that morning Glen. I know it was in one of your song books but can't remember which song. I do know it was the time before the last visit we made in your church. Ben might be able to identify it as a song that we never sang at our church.

Anonymous said...

I bet I know which one he is referring to but I am drawing a blank right now.
It is one from the Church Hymnal I am pretty sure.

Glen Zehr said...

I stand corrected, however, I do know the first time I led the song in chruch it sounded like I was the only one who knew it.....

Anonymous said...

That song still seems a bit weak when it is led...like people are kind of unsure. It isn't as simple as some we sing.

I like that song though.