Monday, November 07, 2005

Chess

I am not a chess player therefore I know very little about the sport. However, I do have a question regarding this game of war. Why is the Queen the most powerful piece of machinery? I realize the Queen can move in any direction and is able to capture any thing in its path but why the Queen? Why not the Knight or the Castle? Did the individual who invented this past time have a domineering mother/wife/daughter? What would have inspired him to create an individual of the feminine gender to be the most powerful piece of this game?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chess was invented by the Persians, who may have learned this truth from the Greeks: "The man may be the head of the house, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants." Then again, how is any marriage supposed to work when a one-step guy is hitched to a globe-trotting girl?

The queen is more powerful (capacity), but the king is more important (value). Don't draw too many conclusions.

Glen Zehr said...

Yes, I had heard that and I agree with it. Does make you wonder doesn't it. Makes me wonder about the people who invented the game.....
But, like Arby said, don't want to read to much into it.......