Saturday, November 19, 2005

Mr. Noble

Once again I am in the process of having a unique musical experience. We, VOP, were told we would be welcome to help Rivermont Presbyterian Sanctuary Choir perform the Messiah. The service is tomorrow, Nov. 20 at 6:30 PM. This is the third or fourth time I have been able to help them and I have always enjoyed the experience. This year they asked Weston Noble to come and conduct the performance. He studied under Robert Shaw and has talked about the Shaw method during rehearsals. He taught at Luther College for years, 57 or so I think. He is very good and it has been a pleasure singing under him. Not only is he an excellent musician but he firmly believes what we are singing about. I also had the privilege of standing beside Dr. Komplein in the bass section this morning. He is an excellent bass/baritone soloist. I found it helpful to listen to him. If you are in the area and want to hear a church choir do the Messiah and do it well please come and hear us. These people are doing this because they love to sing and, most importantly, believe what they are singing about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
~Susan

Glen Zehr said...

Thanks for coming.....
I was shocked to see so many people from our church there.....