Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Trucking Stories

A fellow brought a load of hominy today. He began telling me some stories of his trucking life. One story that I found very interesting concerned the government. He said he picked up a load of plastic in New Jersey. He got to the plant after dark and backed up to the dock. They told him not to get out of the truck. They loaded the trailer, shut the doors, and sealed it. (I believe the seal is a plastic band. If this band is broken or cut you have to have a very good reason.) The load was suppose to be in DC at an air force base before dawn. He told me that when he to the base he backed up to the dock and once again was told to stay in the truck. The air force personnel broke the seal, unloaded the truck, and shut the doors. He never did know what was in the trailer. He also believes that someone followed him to make sure he did what he was supposed to do. He also mentioned that he was not suppose to stop on this trip. He was told to have the truck full of fuel before he loaded in New Jersey. This sounds very interesting to me. I wonder what was actually in the trailer..... Don't You?

2 comments:

Glen Zehr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glen Zehr said...

The hominy is for the cows. He brought almost 27 tons. I don't plan on eating it myself.....