Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Honest Opinion

I will now finish this offspring debate. I am going to give my feelings on the issue and leave it at that. I am very aware that not all of you, maybe none of you, will agree with me.
I don't believe God opens and closes the womb and here is why. Things that God has put into motion he won't stop, as a general rule. Nature takes it course. It always has and it always will. Now I am not saying that he cannot close the womb. For example, there is the account in scripture where a Godly man, I cannot remember the mans name, was in battle and asked God to not let the sun set. As you know the sun stopped its course through the sky. So what I am saying is that God can open and close the womb but I do not think He chooses to do this as a general rule.
As far as how many children to have? This one is a puzzle. I think there are things that need to be taken into consideration.
1. The mother's health. Is she able to endure the pregnancy, not to mention delivery.
2. The mother's emotional health.
3. Other children in the family.
4. How much is the father at home during the day?
5. Are the parents able to meet the emotional, material, and medical needs?
I am becoming more and more convinced that having lots of children is not always a good thing. In fact, I would say it usually is a bad thing. I have heard and am aware of far to many situations where the parents basically hate each other and they have 10-15 children. Now, I am fully aware this can happen with one child. It happened to my wife and I. If we would have had 5-10 children it would have been very difficult to put the pieces back together. It was bad enough the way it was. So, I am saying these are the things I believe should be considered and if they are not you may/are doing your children a disservice. I believe each couple needs to decide where this limit is. May God give you wisdom as you lead your family into Christ like living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head. Very good post!!!