Sunday, March 26, 2006

Making A Fool Of Myself....

As you know VOP was on a very short tour this weekend. This afternoon I was waxing eloquent over the song Am I A Soldier Of The Cross. I was telling the audienece about the famous picture of Dirk Williams rescuing his pursuer. (He fell through the ice in a lake and was freezing/drowning.) Knowing he would be killed afterward because he was a christian. The problem was I could not remember Mr. Willams name and thought it was William Tell, of all things. I was sure I was wrong but I was having a very good dose of brain lock. After the service I was informed by my fellow singers that I was very much off base.....
I must say I had a very enjoyable time visiting with my fellow bloggers.
We also had a very grand trip home. Three guys, my brother, brother-in-law, and myself. Great discussions on the way home. Gotta love it.
Well, my wife is gone and the house is very empty and lonely. I am very tired and worn out so I am off to sleep.
Good Night

1 comment:

Glen Zehr said...

Yeah, William Tell shot the apple of the child's head. There is also an overture called the William Tell Overture.....