Friday, March 10, 2006

Chicken Litter

I was spreading chicken litter this morning. While I was occupying my time with this lovely task the wind was blowing. Actually, I would say it was very forceful gale. So, depending which direction across the field I was going the wind would blow the litter back across the tractor and its driver. This was a very annoying to say the least. I have also discovered that yelling at the wind doesn't help. It continues to blow.
Why isn't cow manure called cow litter? Or why isn't chicken litter called chicken manure?

2 comments:

Ben and Juanita said...

Because of the way "chicken litter" just rolls off your tongue. Now there is an ugly word picture.

Say Chicken manure 5 times fast then say chicken litter 5 times fast.

I vote for chicken litter.

jump4joy said...

we always said chicken manure when I was growing up and had a 20,000 layer chicken house to clean out. Maybe it depends on how much you have to do??? Chicken litter sounds like you are just cleaning out a little chicken shed...a whole big chicken house sounds more like manure. Get the point?? :)