Friday, November 10, 2006

Prayer

The last several days Aleya has started to "mmhm" while I am praying. I don't know what started this or where she got the idea. I also heard that her first cousin, Alyssa, was doing the same thing only she was doing it in church. Her parents found it quite amusing. At one point she said, "Yes Lord" in a very reverant and respectuful tone. In a lot of ways this sounds funny, which it is, these girls are not yet four. Are they listening and agreeing or are they just doing it to do it. The funny thing is; no one else in our family does this, at least not on a regular basis so I don't know where she learned it or why she is doing it. Makes me wonder if I really pray when other people are praying. To my shame I don't think I do. Maybe I need to start vocalizing my agreement with the one who is praying to help me pay attention...

No comments: