Saturday, November 25, 2006

Attic

When I realized remodeling the house I grew up in was going to be a reality I decided I wanted to sheet the attic. My decision is based on the fact that it is a complete waste of space if it is not used. Also, you can never have to much storage space. However, when a certain lady discovered I was spending the money to sheet the attic she was somewhat skeptical. I believe her exact words were something like this Honey, we are not going to put anything in the attic!!! But if you think we should sheet it then you go ahead I don't mind... If I am not mistaken her mother was in agreement with her and everytime the sheeted attic was being discussed they seemed to find it highly amusing. What I find highly amusing is how many items I have hauled into this sheeted attic in the last couple days. My wife told me at lunch today, while I was snickering at her pickup load of things for the attic, that she had the ability to Admit when she is wrong. I am wondering how many of you have an attic you can tread in heavily. In other words is your attic floor sheeted or do you tip toe around on the rafters hoping you don't slip.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Congratulations on the sweet taste of the knowledge that at least once in your life you were right!

Merle

Glen Zehr said...

How sweet it is.... Of course we try not to say I told you so...

Dorcas said...

Paul opened up our attic, put plywood on the floor, and built shelves. I LOVE IT. Suitcases go up there, and camping equipment, and the Fisher-Price Little People I'm saving for the grandchildren, and winter/summer clothes, and the girls' dress-up clothes, and still more.
Attics are good things. You were smart.

Anonymous said...

I'd love an attic!! Good think MIL and Rachel can admit they were wrong. How kind of you to haul the stuff to the attic for her!! Maybe Dan should build an attic in his wood shop for me!!! ( Or maybe I should pitch my junk.)

Ben and Juanita said...

My uncle Bob asked me an interesting question over the weekend.

If a man makes a statement and there are no women present to hear it...is he still wrong?

Momof3 said...

We have plywood on our attic floor as well, so no stepping cautiously here! But we share our attic with our landlord's married son's family and single daughter.........so we're limited on space, but so far so good. That and VERY limited closet space keeps us from accumulating too much stuff in this house for lack of room.
~Lez