Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Deja Vue (sp?)

My day was rather uneventful, at least till supper time at which point several interesting things occured. I was unable to arrive home in time to eat with the family so the table was laden with used dishes and cups half full of water. When I sat down at the table I calmly knocked Aleya's cup of water over onto the floor.
I have this ritual of taking a final drink before I leave the table. I had begun this ritual and had my glass half way to my mouth when it slipped out of my hand and crashed onto the table, spilling water over everything in my general area. This little incident reminded me of my first official date with my wife. In that particular incident I had a glass full of Ice Tea slip out of my hand and cover our table. I was somehow able remain very calm and collected. By the way, how do you spell Deja-Vue???

2 comments:

Geryll said...

déjà vu.

Meredith said...

And it means "already been seen" in French