Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lunch

Due to sickness I stayed home from church this morning with three children. I can enjoy cooking when I have the time/energy. Plus I enjoy surprising the lady when she gets home. So this is what I did. I was browsing through the Basic's Cookbook when I noticed a recipe for Baked Potato Topping. I thought baked potatoes sounded really good so I took five nice red potatoes and wrapped them in tin foil. I then fired up the gas grill and placed them in there for about an hour. While these red orbs were baking I pulled the left over cube steak out of the fridge and placed it in the oven to warm. At the last minute I decided we really needed some green beans so I made a mad dash down to the basement and returned with a quart of green beans. I threw together the afore mentioned Baked Potato Topping. This was capped off by a lovely Peanut Butter Pie that my wife told me to make. Peanut Butter Pie is really a very simple thing to make. (It helps when the wife has a pie crust in the freezer.) She was very impressed with my culinary skills and is threatening to give me one meal a week. What really surprised me was the oldest daughter telling me You make really good food Daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of culinary skills (and food in general): A while back when you mentioned chess pie, I had to look it up because I'd never heard of it. What I found was at least a dozen recipes for chess pie, with all kinds of ingredients. What kind is it that you enjoy so much with coffee?

Glen Zehr said...

I was planning to post the recipe for Chess Pie tonight but I didn't. So maybe tommrow night.
I will also post the Topping....