Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I don't know how many of you are aquainted with Haven Today, a thirty minute radio program. The other day they were talking about being Easter people instead of Good Friday people. The host, Charles Morris, proceeded to inform his listeners that in the Phillippines their were ten people, one of them was a lady, that were going to be CRUCIFIED on good friday. He went on to say these people were doing so they would be more acceptable to God. They would hang their for 15-20 min. It is hard believe some of the things people will do in order to be in God's good grace so to speak. How do people come up with such odd and, I think you could say, heretical beliefs? Why are they so misled? We try to do things to gain Salvation. There is nothing I can do that will make me holy or help me get to heaven. It is crying out to the one whose death and resurection we are remembering this easter season. Cry out Be merciful to me, a sinner....

2 comments:

Tim Rice said...

I've heard of that particular practice before. It is a mystery to me how people can put themselves through such torture. But while we may not put ourselves to such torture, I think it is a temptation for many of us to think that our works make us worthy of salvation.

jump4joy said...

We do need to remember that Good Friday had to come before Easter could happen. But at the same time because of the Resurrection we don't have to earn our salvation by doing works. I guess there is a balance to everything.