Saturday, April 22, 2006

Equipment Part II

I am sure you are all dying to know what happened today. I arose this morning and headed off to my trusty NAPA store to pick up some parts and some oil that was compatible with a hydrostatic system. I found what I needed and upon arriving back on the farm I proceeded to put oil in the Bobcat. I was hoping this would fix the problem. The problem consisted of the lift booms and tilt cylinder not lifting. Also the brake would not release. I perched on the seat and started the machine. Nothing had changed. I had a Bobcat that runs well but won't move. I bypassed the emergency brake feature and tried again. This time I can move the skid loader but am unable to move the booms. After much headache and tribulation I come to the conclusion that it is a safety feature problem somewhere else. Their are so many safety features and I dread trying to trouble shoot to locate the problem. I think it maybe the switch in the seat but I am not positive. Monday I will try again. Does any one have experience with this kind of situation?

1 comment:

Rob said...

I would say try bypassing as many saftey switches as you can find one at a time till you get to the problem.