Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sierra Janae Part Two

We tried to get some sleep after she had received her pain medication but we were to wound up to sleep. About 1:00 the nurse thought it was time. Sierra was born at 3:21 AM on Friday, Oct. 27, 2000. They moved us from a delivery room to a new mother room we finally settled in around 7:00. People came to visit that afternoon. I remember feeling like I was in a daze as I blindly invited them into the room and proudly showed them our daughter. I am so thankful for mother-in-law's support. I have never felt so helpless in my life. This ordeal lasted 52 hours but Sierra's heart beat never faltered and she was a healthy baby. Praise the Lord.
I wonder how you fathers coped with this type of situation.
Does any one know what the name Sierra Janae means?
Last I want to wish Sierra a very happy birthday. Daddy is proud of you and I want you to know I love you.
Daddy

3 comments:

Japheth said...

There is something stressfull about the whole medical thing. I have a hard time dealing with my emotions when it comes to the medical staff doing what they want to do, when they want to do it. After a while under their care, you feel totally out of control and anxious to do anything to get out of there. I wept alot the night we lost the twins while on vacation in Virgina. Tears of grief over the turmoil inside your wife is nothing to be ashamed of. Yet we as men do because we feel lost and out of control and thus feel like failures at the job we have of leading.

I praise God with you for the safe arrival of your little girl and pray that you may never forget the time that God stood by you and wept with you during those long days. God Bless!

Glen Zehr said...

Thanks.....
At times I forget about the stress we faced.
We fully believe Sierra's conception is a miracle. It is a beautiful thing to have a reminder lifing among us of God's power.....

Glen Zehr said...

By the way I don't really know what Sierra means we used it because we liked it and it can be a reference to the sierra mountains of Nevada not the Sierra Club. Janae means God Replied.....