Friday, October 28, 2005

Dusty Feet

Jesus told the disciples to shake the dust off of their feet and condemn the city if a city or town refused to listen to the message they had to share. Several months ago, may have been a year now, we had a Sunday school lesson on this subject. Someone asked if there is a time or place for us to shake the dust off of our feet in our time. There are missionaries who struggle with churches where natives do not respect the minister and this struggle over the truth and God's word seems to never end. There are the worldly neighbors who we try to talk to and encourage who never seem to realize they have a need. Is there a time or place where we need to say my relationship with an individual is not helping him/her develop love for God and therefore the relationship should be terminated or scaled back? Certainly we would not want to lose our own souls in the process of trying to win souls? Is there a point at which a father needs to say this situation is not right/best for my family? Therefore, I will remove my family from this situation?

1 comment:

Aimee said...

We did this as a family a few years ago. Japheth as head of our little family saw the need to cut off ties. It was tough . . . I cried many tears over it all. Yet, it was the right thing to do and I am thankful for the "guts" of my husband. I don't know if I could've done it myself.