Monday, October 03, 2005

Part Three

"I think Ben and Juanita could come down" he responded
However, they went on a major detour, missing the turnpike exit and driving all the way to Pittsburgh on route 79 before realizing they were miserably lost. A two-hour wait at the rest area became a five-hour wait. We enjoyed the peacefulness that is found when sitting at a picnic table located a stone’s throw from the worst hard top road in America. Eighteen wheelers soon lost our interest and our minds wandered. Eventually we ran out of things to talk about. I realized a new topic of discussion would be appropriate. So.... I asked her to marry me.

5 comments:

Momof3 said...

So......you'd be dating how long by then?

Glen Zehr said...

Well, Officially? 4-6 weeks.
We new each other bout four months....

Anonymous said...

I love it! (and I'm shaking with laughter.)

Japheth said...

How many times did you have to repeat it over the noise of the turnpike? Or did she catch on right away! :-)


He he...

Glen Zehr said...

Pretty much right away.....
Now you know where to look when you come through, our sacred spot......