Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shaving

I have discovered shaving is a fine art. Here are the steps for the perfect shave
1. Water temperature
The water temperature must be hot. How hot? So hot the razor will singe the hair off of the face.
2. Shaving cream.
The shaving cream must be labeled for sensitive skin and should be liberally smeared upon the face before the very hot razor approaches the area to be shaved.
3. Razor sharpness
I have much experience with the art of shaving. I have used some razors so long they literally scrape the hair/skin off of my face. This becomes very uncomfortable and nearly unbearable if you have forgotten to shave for several days. This uncomfortable feeling is directly related to ones ability to grow facial hair. I have also experienced the joy of a very sharp razor skimming smoothly over the skin without needing the band aide box.
Of course I always wonder why I put myself through such torture. I have often heard of people needing a conviction to let the hair grow. Why? Wouldn't you need a conviction to shave???? By the way, what is a conviction? I would not die for either.

6 comments:

Darin Yoder said...

Glen, you need a Panasonic Pro-Curve Wet and Dry razor. That is the trick.

Darin Yoder said...

I've never found a safety razor that'll shave as smoothly as my Panasonic. Hah.

Anonymous said...

You guys should challenge each other to a duel. The question is...How do you judge the smoothness of someone's face? I'm not doing it.

-Ben

Rob said...

My preferred shaving schedule is like this....
Sunday morning.
Monday night.
Wednesday night.
Friday night.
Any more frequent and my face gets irritated.

Glen Zehr said...

Any less frequent and your wife gets irritated???

Rob said...

Yeah. Thats pretty much it Glen.