Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Billy Joe's

Billy Joe's is located off of the expressway in Lynchburg. There slogan is "Good food Good friends" We were in town this evening, trying to kill three birds, doves I think, with one rifle shot. The kids were hungry and I wanted some ice cream for dessert so we stopped at Billy Joe's. I had never been there and we wondered what it was like. The food was good, all though the hamburger was tad on the pink side. The dessert was great but the bill was the greatest. When the waitress came with the ice cream she said "The gentleman sitting behind you said you had such beautiful children he wanted to pay your bill so it is all taken care of." We were very surprised. The fellow had left so I told the waitress to tell him how much we appreciated his thoughtful deed. This is the first time we have had this experience. Has this ever happened to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dear of him. There are still good people out there that appreciate a solid family. mama

Anonymous said...

That's great, Glen! I can't say that I've ever had anything like that happen to me, but did you read Gabriel & Janelle's story on the church calendar? I thought that was pretty cool, too.
~Susan