Thursday, September 01, 2005

Going To Town

Here a few random thoughts that occured while we were in town. The first concerned the Wal-Mart employees and the jackets that say "How may I help you?" There was a fellow stocking shelves and in the process he was taking up the whole aisle. Well, that is an exaggeration but you get the point. I read the lettering on the jacket and the first thing that went through my mind, oh this is terrible, was "You would help me the most by getting out of my way."
Thought number two concerned the carts. Yes carts, plural carts. We had two of them, this is the only way we can maneuver two babies and a two year old through the store. The four year old could walk, but man, that would really wear her out after a couple hours of traipsing through the hundred acre wood, I mean Wald-Mart, so she rode also. What struck me was how much we were in the way. Man, I would have been annoyed if I was there with myself....
My third thought was about the rubber, or lack of, on the wheels of my cart. The left rear wheel was losing it's mind, in fact, on the way to the car it completely lost it and got all twisted up. I had to back it up and get it untwisted before it could think enough to go forwards again.
The fourth and final thought occurred at Sonic which is located directly across the street from the big monopolizing Wal- Mart. On the backside of Sonic is a railroad. While we were enjoying our Sonic Bacon Cheese Burgers a train came screeching through. I have never heard a whistle as load as this one.
Here is a side note for the day. Sierra purchased a little game tonight that was a result of her cheerfulness for the last several weeks. After we got home she told her mother "I am going to save this receipt because kids don't like to throw things away."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.