Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Why I Am Not A Mother

I am sure you are dying to know how my day went with the children. The ladies left around ten, taking the two oldest girls with them. This left six children in the house. The day went fairly well until afternoon naps. My boys went down around one-thirty and should have slept until three-thirty or four. Aleya went down at one and should have slept several hours. Not to be my little friend, they were all up by two-thirty. Whining, fussing, and other assorted noises that grumpy children tend to make. After about thirty minuets they all seemed to calm down. I decided to feed the boys a tad early so they could go back to bed. It was then I discovered their were no bottles made and their was only one clean bottle in the entire house. So with Jayden wailing in the background I made one bottle and started the dishwasher. Jayden's Uncle Rod fed him while I consoled Jackson. After several years I thought I would just rinse Jayden's bottle out and reuse it. Why, I didn't think of it earlier I do not know. At some point in the midst of these hectic activities, Aleya and her cousin, Alyssa, decided it was time to start annoying each other. At one point Alyssa told Aleya Okay, I'm just gonna go away...... I must say it made me laugh. So, the moral of the story is this, God made women with the emotional make up to handle these situations with ease while men, in general, throw up their hands in despair.

No comments: