Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Memory Lane

I would like to take a very short trip down memory lane. This memory revolves around a snowy evening about twenty years ago. Our family went for a stroll in our corner of winter wonder land. As I recall there was roughly 6 inches of snow. I remember sitting on a sled while daddy did the strolling and we, my brother and I, did the riding. (I believe my sister was riding on the sled my mother was pulling. This journey took us to my aunts house about 300 yards away. I remember making potatoe chips, they were soooo good, and playing table games. (I think we played spoons or something and Uno.) After an evening of fun and laughter we bundled up and trundled back through the snow to the farm house we called home. I find it interesting how my fondest memories revolve around winter and cozy evenings spent wandering through the snow or inside reading while it snowed.
What is your favorite winter memory from years long gone?

1 comment:

Glen Zehr said...

Not in CA, surely.....