Friday, December 23, 2005

Trippen

We have begun the tripping part of the holiday season. I81 was very busy but traffic was moving very nicely. The worst part of our journey has now centered in the Berkley Springs conglomeration, instead of Madison Heights. Rt. 522 is two lanes through WVA and traffic moves at a snails pace. I also drank far to much coffee. This annoys my wife because it lengthens the trip.... The children did very well. We were afraid they would be fussy and crying. Sierra has been with Grandma Kauffman for almost two weeks. It is such an awsome feeling to have a daughter throw her arms around you and snuggle up against you. It sure makes a father feel special. My goal is to some how develope the relationship so she wants to visit with me when she is a teenager. What is the best way to do this? What do daughters want from their fathers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They want their daddies to listen to them. Care about their thoughts and feelings- the things that are happening inside of them. They also want their daddies to tell them they are beautiful. They want to know that their daddies love them and tell them that often. I don't think a father can fully understand the impact this will have on his "girl"... When she knows her daddy loves her, it will help keep her from looking to other men to give her love. I think communicating this at a young age will make all the difference in her teenage years. She will want you...You will have earned her respect and trust. Girls love their daddies- they need their daddies!

Blessings to you, Glen! I realize now how special it is to have a daddy that does this for me.
joanne

Anonymous said...

Ditto to both of you!
~Susan