Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Finalized

Today at 1:30 Jackson Milo Tyquan Zehr legally became our son. We placed a call to the court house in FL in the precence of a notary. After answering the phone we needed to be sworn in. We said the information we would give them would be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. When Aleya's adoption was finalized the judge asked me why we wanted her. It caught me so off guard I wasn't sure what to say. (What would you say if someone asked you why you wanted your child?) I had been thinking about what I would say this time and then the judge never asked. We will be recieving Jackson's new birth certificate in 4-6 weeks. We are so thankful for the way God is working. Jayden's finalization is in a two weeks or so. I must say adoption is very unique. How many of you have been through an adoption process? Are you adopted or have you adopted?

2 comments:

Glen Zehr said...

Adoptions are NOT easy. WE know.....
We waited 3-4 years before we had a successful adoption. We had 3-4, can't remember, ones that fell through all in one year........
You have to do homestudies quite frequently. IT depends on the state laws......

Anonymous said...

I know a lot about adoptions too. I was adopted and our 4 children were too. Its a very normal way of life here at our house!!!!LOL!!!