Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Did santa slip down your chimney last night? Did he eat the cookies adn drink the milk? If you are wondering why your house is so smokey this morning it is because santa is stuck half way down. If I am not mistaken the dog and the cat ate the cookies and lapped up the milk. Speaking of cats, their was one Christmas about 15 years ago where we picked up a cat for my brother at the pound. This cat was amazing. He was Garfield through and through. However, he was very sick when we got him and wined and fretted causing much distress for several days before his presence could be known. He had the unique ability to playfully swat at things. However, he could become very annoyed with the human race in general. For instance, if he felt he was not getting in the last smack he would lie in wait for you in some obscure corner. When you strolled by he would leap out of the shadows, swatting with precision at vital body parts such as ankles, knees, and toes. He would make one precision strike before dashing off. I was not there when he got sick and died. He lived a life of ease and contentment once he joined our family. I would love to play a game with him again. Who knows, maybe another Cosmo will enter our lives some day and produce many interesting memories for my family. Their will only be one difference. I do not intend to let another Cosmo be the king of our castle.......
So may your Christmas be filled with the joy of giving. May you remember and treasure the greatest gift that has ever been given. God bless you as you and your family make memories that will last longer than any of the monetary gifst you may recieve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same to you Glen!

Lavern

Anonymous said...

Speaking of making good memories...I was thinking today that I'm very grateful for the memories I have when our family was all together. I wish I would have treasured the moments more...I missed my brother this Christmas..it's not the same without him.
joanne

Glen Zehr said...

I know I missed him at the Yoder thingy.... Missed you to.... Had to wonder what Howard would say about everything if he was still here also......
Life moves on even if we don't......

Anonymous said...

Yes, it moves on. Thankfully, just because life moves on... doesn't mean we have to forget the good things. I sure hope Howard was able to look down and take it all in! Maybe he was on a "heavenly trapping hunt!"
And it feels good to be missed:)thanks,
joanne