Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Resolutions Part II

For all of you who are dying to know my thoughts and opinions on New Years Resolutions I will now attempt to give my thoughts.
After some thinking about it some the last couple of days I have come to the conclusion God may not have as much to do with it as we think. Okay, I now sound like a heretic but hear me out before telling me to take a long walk on the short pier. I know some people who are very disciplined and, since weight seemed to be a hot topic among those who commented I will use it as an example, would not have a problem losing weight. Just because someone is disciplined enough to make something happen doesn't mean they have relied solely on God/Jesus/Christ to help them get the job done. Granted, it would be easier if people would ask God for help. The basic reason resolutions fail is based on one simple fact. This is the fact. Are you ready?
Resolutions fail because Tomorrow Never Comes.
So, why doesn't tomorrow ever come?
1. We don't think we can do it?
2. We don't really care?
3. Nobody else cares?
4. We are basically good people?
5. God isn't a part of our lives or an integral part of our lives.
I don't think you need to be a Christian to achieve your goals but you do need to be a Christian to change your eternal destination. If you want to change your eternal destination you will be concerned about living a Christ Like Life. This is the core of Christianity. Most of my resolutions have been centered around changing something in my life which has spiritual significance. I failed many times because I did not really care. My Christianity was not important enough to me to make tomorrow a reality.

3 comments:

Japheth said...

Being as you left the first "s" out of resolutions, maybe we should say, revolutions since that is what we so often try to accomplish.! :-)

Glen Zehr said...

To bad I didn't do it on purpose....
I will edit that out.....
GZ

Glen Zehr said...

I to believe food can be a spiritual issue.