Monday, June 05, 2006

Reflections

I have been reflecting on the time we spent this past weekend at Penn Valley. It was a very good weekend and there were several things that struck me. The first was the number of black/bi-racial children that were present. The second was the number of people that have adopted or are considering adopting. It is nice to know you are not alone. The third thing was the lack of knowledge concerning domestic adoption. Most of the fellows I talked to knew nothing about domestic adoption because they had fostered to adopt or had adopted internationally. I was unaware of how many people foster and adopt. I must say I enjoyed talking to Doug, (D)rivvel supp's Husband, it was neat to hear their story. They are headed back to China this fall and will be bringing home the second child from China. I would highly recommend her blog to you. The thing that challenged me the most revolves around the issue of building a relationship with my children. Whether you have adopted or not you still need to be developing a relationship with your child. How do you do it? Do you do anything special? I don't know if this is making sense or not.......

1 comment:

Glen Zehr said...

Well, I really need to get a link up....
That is her blog name and you can search it. let me try to cut and paste....
http://martinfamily92.blogspot.com/