Thursday, June 22, 2006

Exhaustion

Exhaustion: is this a state of mind or body? It was so hot today!!! This morning I worked on the combine in the front yard under a nice big shade tree. I still lost roughly 30lbs due to sweat. This afternoon I took the machine to the field and begon to harvest my piddly barley crop. After traveling roughly 300 yards I stopped to check things. Their was a belt that was slipping and had stopped running the straw walkers. This caused the straw to build up in the guts of the machine. I had to crawl into this machine and remove the straw by hand so it would work properly. After doing this dreaded job we noticed another problem. This other problem may have created the first problem. The thingy had stopped running the thingamabob which in turn caused the doohickey to malfunction. This mechanical issue ruined my belt and I am now waiting on another one so I can try the combine and see if all these doohinckeythingamabobs will work together. By the time I had figured this out I was tired and hot. I then went to the house we are remodeling and tore out the old kitchen cabinets. By 6:30 I was exhausted and saturated with sweat. How do you combat the heat? I did drink water today but I still didn't drink enough I am sure..... Do you have a heat remedy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice:
Don't be a farmer!
Try getting an office job...
haaaaaa or else check into a portable, personal AC unit.
Sorry, not very helpful:however, I do feel for people who are working in the heat.
joanne

Glen Zehr said...

Thank You for your honest good opinion..... I will try to find one of those portable AC's.....