Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flood Gates

I do not know how many of you are aware of this fact but we have been really dry. In fact, the neighboring farmer told me he cannot remember when the soil has had such a small amount of moisture in it. The last several days we have been under a severe weather warning and flash flood watchs. However, we have not got any rain. The most we have gotten was half an inch. Well, today that all changed. About two this afternoon the clouds opened and just poured the rain onto us. It stopped raining for an hour or so before another wave of drops began to fall. Currently it is raining cats and dogs, I wish you could see it. Every kind of cat or dog you could imagine. I think I saw several Doberman Pinchers splat awhile ago......
Anyway, to make a long story longer, our nations capital had recieved about 12 inches of rain the last I heard. I don't know what they did with it, probably flushed the streets.

1 comment:

Val said...

The crops were seriously hurting here, too, but every bit of the 8.5 in. we got Sun-Tues is soaking in. I'd imagine if we watch closely, we could almost see the beans/corn grow today. I feel badly for the families who got flooded, but we almost needed every drop.

The children got to play in the stream for the first time this year. :o)