Thursday, February 09, 2006

Golf

Lowell is in/up/home from the south for a few days. I think he has been here almost a week, give or take a few days/weeks/months. He told me soon after he arrived that he wanted to see if we could improve our technique of swatting little white balls into the woods. So, today we went. We guaged our success on whether we found more balls in the woods then we hit into the woods. Today was an exceptionally good day for me. I pulled two balls out of the murky pond and only put one in its belly. My round started very poorly and I was expecting I would hit my normal round of 70 on nine holes played. (I know, I know, that is really pathetic) When it was all said and done I was in the clubhouse with 60. Not bad for a chap who had not hit a golf ball since the end of June. How often do you get to play a round of golf and what is your average score?

2 comments:

Glen Zehr said...

Man that's pretty good....
What was it, Putt Putt???

Glen Zehr said...

Funny, that seems to be the way it normally goes. The first time I played I did fairly well then it all went down hill and into the lake.....