Thursday, February 16, 2006

Farm Life

The vet was here this morning for the monthly herd check. I had noticed one dry cow with some swelling just in front of the udder. So we got her in the parlor to check it out. It was an abcess. The vet was standing down in the pit were we stand to milk and I was up with the cow. He wanted me to look at something so I got down on my knees beside the cow and inched up towards her head trying to see. Suddenly she jerked around and tried to kick me. When her hoof came down it was smack on my head/neck. In the process of trying to get out of the way I twisted my knee or something because I could hardly stand up and it sure hurt to walk. Sometimes it is hard to treat animals in a christian manner. Oh, I wanted to beat her with a stick and use other forms and instruments to prove my displeasure. I also wanted to release a stream of epithets but I held my toungue, not to mention my head and my knee......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain brother. The cow probably had a crazy smirk on her face afterwards. Maybe you could have asked Don for a few words to fit the occasion.

Lowell

Val said...

Guess you'll have to follow #1 in your previous post??? :o)