Thursday, March 06, 2008

Amazing

I was told by my expansion consultant that I needed to change my milking routine. So, I did and here is what happened. The first thing I noticed was how I cut 30 minutes off of my milking time. The second thing I noticed was how the slow cows were not quite as slow. The third thing I noticed was milk in the tank or the amount we actually shipped. On Monday we shipped 13,500 and some odd lbs. On Wed. we shipped 14,600 and some odd lbs. The only thing that changed was the milking routine. I don't know if the cows will hold this production. I don't know if they would have jumped if we hadn't changed the routine. I don't know.... It is very interesting to say the least...

2 comments:

Greg said...

maybe you could do a post on what you're doing different...

ITF said...

My wife, a former milkmaid, also wants to know what you changed in your routine.