Friday, May 05, 2006

Hired Man

After much heart/ soul searching I have my hired man. I am amazed with God and His ways. This man is a man that I have known for years and has helped me out of many scrapes. We have worked together many times on various projects. He has the ability to be a do it right mechanic or to be a quick-fix mechanic. A quick-fix occurs when you are in the middle of a project and you do not have the time to fix it right. You fix it well enough to get the job done. He is also excellent with the cows. Then there are the other subtle things that will make the working enviroment very nice. He will be easy to talk to and fun to work with on a daily basis. I had talked to him in passing when I first started my search and was told that he would probably stay where he was. He later came back to me and said that he would be interested in talking. He wanted to make room for his oldest son to be on the farm he is currently working on. This is when the discussions began. Last night we sealed the deal and I am very pleased to announce that starting July the 1st Sonny Yoder will be on my pay roll.

3 comments:

Glen Zehr said...

He was at some point. I think he went for two years but I don't remember when..... I would have thought it was earlier than that.....

Anonymous said...

Would this Sonny Yoder be the husband of Ruth? My husband and I would have been at CBS with him and his wife many years ago, but since we are in the far land of Kansas :) haven't seen him years.

suzyq

Glen Zehr said...

Ah, I am not sure. I think so. Now that I think about it some more I am quite sure he and Ruth were at CBS I think they started dating while they were there.....