Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bobcat

My 863 Bobcat has had a hydraulic oil leak for a long time. Since I got it running again I was hoping we had fixed it somehow, unfortunately, we hadn't. Every now and then it would really bother me and I would proceed to lift the cab and peer into all the deep, dark corners trying to locate the leak. I would always pull the cab back down in frustration and disgust. All the hydraulic hoses and motors are buried deep in the belly pan and you can see nothing. This morning I needed to add oil again and this feeling of desperation surfaced. I began my peering process and much to my delight I was able to find the problem. The reason I was able to diagnose the exact location was due to the amount of leakage. With the engine running it was leaking like a sieve. I took the hose off, which was like trying to mow grass under a tree that has branches 6 inches off the ground. It was an hour of knuckle scraping torture. What is really bad is that I decided the hose must not have been tight because I could not see a problem with the hose. So, like a dummy, I put it back on and started the machine only to find I still had a sieve. So I need to take the thing off again and make a new hose. Such is life....
How often do you do things twice, just for fun......

2 comments:

jump4joy said...

Do it twice for FUN? What you are doing doesn't sound like it would class as that!! Too bad but just maybe you will have a Bobcat that doesn't need oil after the second time around!!!

Glen Zehr said...

I hope so.....