Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Cup A Tea

Tonight the ladies of our church are having a tea party. What does this consist of? Do they sit around and munch flaky pastrys that dry your mouth out and taste like sawdust while gossiping about the latest thing, whatever that is, that has happened? Also, why would you want to get together and sip tea out of a dainty cup when it 90 degrees outside? Lemonade, perhaps, but tea? Men would all bring two liters of soda, sit down, tell a few tall tales that revolve around the lost art of hunting and fishing while glugging down our favorite soda straight from the bottle. After which we would see who could belch the loudest. Wait a minute, that was something we did while camping as a teenager not as an adult attending a church function.
(This is the great thing about writing. I had no intention of writing any of what I just wrote except to say that I thought it was grand that the ladies are having tea. However, for some unknown reason my keyboard has taken control of my fingers and what I wrote I wrote. Writing is such fun.)
How often do the ladies of your church have tea?

No comments: