Friday, May 12, 2006

Bobcat (Again)

Okay, I had mentioned quite a few times lately the struggles I have been enduring with this machine. Last weekend I had to fix a hose on this ole cat. I was hoping this would eliminate the oil leakage I was having. This was not to be. All week it has been drooling oil and my feeble eyes could not find the leak so I kept adding oil. As much oil as we have drooled out around this farm for the last 30 years I am sure we could start an oil well. Anyway, I had this bright idea while I was feeding this afternoon. The bobcat has two side panels that are located between the tires. I decided I would take one of them off and see if I could see anything dripping. What a genious. After many months of wondering where all the oil was coming from I finally found it. There was a hose that was very loose and it took all of 2-3 minuets to tighten. Now I need to add more oil and see if what I fixed actually fixed the problem. I must say it was a very rapid drip. Reminded me of myself......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a very patient man, Mr. Zehr.

Glen Zehr said...

I think, perhaps, that if you saw me throw the wrenchs you wouldn't say that.....

Anonymous said...

Ah, but wrench-throwing is an integral part of the art of being a mechanic, allowing for maintenance of mental stability and reason. There is something purifying about wrench-throwing and, without it, certain pieces of equipment in my past would have been either buried or pushed off a cliff... You're doing just fine.

Glen Zehr said...

Thanks for the encouragement....