Thursday, October 11, 2007

Special Spot

I have this tendency to put things in a special place. Things like tools or parts. I do this so I know where it is the next time I need it. For example, the bearing that went out on the disk. I had some faint recollection of having some disk parts but I couldn't remember where they were so I assumed I had used them. I found some bearings at Phillips Equipment that would work but were $146 a piece. Yesterday morning we were looking for a spacer to space the disks on the shaft and I found my disk parts. I had put them in a special place. I found two bearings, a bearing housing, two bearings that were locked up, some spacers, and some bolts. The bearings I found I paid $14 for so my $146 bearing will be returned. Last night a shaft broke on the disk so Sonny will weld that this morning and hopefully we will finish disking today.
Back to the special spot, do you put things in special place and then can't remember where that special place is?

No comments: