Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lawsuits

If you remember, I rear ended a fellow the end of June. Nothing serious. The driver of the other vehicle drove his car away. No blood no broken bones. Nothing more than a racing heart. Saturday we received to pieces of mail. One was certified and the other was priority. Both contained nice simple letter from a lawyer stating we were to get our insurance people to contact them immediately. This caused me some alarm. Had they never payed for the damages? So I call them and ask them what is going on. Well, you are being sued! Oh, well this is a nice kettle of fish. I don't know how much they are suing for. I do know they are suing for bodily damage that didn't happen and I also know the driver is in a bankruptcy situation and his banged up car is the only thing he has in his name. So put two and two together and you get a million dollars I guess.... The insurance company is handling all of this and they will have to pay if it goes through. I think it is ridiculous. I could have been a real pain in the neck when it happened and told the cop that the other stopped to fast and made up a big story.... Maybe I could sue him for suing me.... I wonder if that has ever happened..... It's a funny world we live in...

No comments: