Sunday, October 07, 2007

60th Anniversary

Last evening we had a Yoder gathering back at the pond. The pond is located on Granddaddies, Ernest & Lovina's, property. We were celebrating 60 years of commitment. Grandaddy has been and still is a man that has no enemies. He has this way of making people feel very worthwhile. Grandmamma is full of energy and enjoys her family. When I was up spreading manure for Delvin, she climbed into the truck and rode with me for a load. I don't know another 80 year old lady who would do that. I am very blessed to know these people. Only it is more than knowing them. They are part of me, they are my heritage. They are part of who I am. I want God to work in my heart so when I have been married 60 years people will see the love and commitment in our marriage that I see in theirs.

No comments: