Monday, October 08, 2007

Dusty Job

We began disking today. I was surprised how well the ground worked up. Pretty decent for not raining in the last two months. I planted 25 acres of rye this afternoon. I finished up the last field about 7:30. I noticed when the sun went out of sight that the breeze disappeared. This meant the dust just hung low to the ground. I tend to plant back and forth and I was eating dust big time. Then once it was pretty much dark and I was about falling off the tractor seat to see where I had driven last a touch of breeze came along and swept the dust away. Dust is a nasty thing. One thing dust has going for it is its ability to make it look like someone is working hard....

1 comment:

Ben and Juanita said...

That's funny, I was doing some landings at Brookneal yesterday afternoon and saw your big cloud of dust. I wondered what was going on over there.