Friday, August 19, 2005

Waving

I have noticed there is an art to waving. The wave needs to be properly timed. If you wave a second to late, your fellow motorist will wonder what he did to offend you last week. If you wave to early, your greeting is finished before the oncoming vehicle is within discerning distance of the shaking appendage. So how do you learn the correct and most profitable waving technique? You need to practice while you driving on America's wonderful highways, unless you are traveling in PA because their highways are terrible. As we all know, perfect practice makes for a perfect wave. While practicing this fine art you need to be careful. I have seen some fledgling wavers appear to be losing control of the vehicle because there hands, and other body parts, appear to be climbing through the car/truck windows to get your attention. This is unnecessary and can be hazardous to your health. The properly timed flicking of the fingers can take care of the job without causing a major crash. So lets remember to keep the waves coming but to do it carefully.

3 comments:

Darin Yoder said...

Hmmm, if PA's roads are unacceptable because of the roughness, then 761 should be banned as well, right?

Glen Zehr said...

WEll, yes that's right. I was referring more to the interstate highway.

Anonymous said...

LOL, good points there...I had people just about stop in the middle of taffic to get me attention. I feel if you are going to wave, don't over do it...

The other day, this guy with a helmet on a motorcycle was trying to get me attention, but since his helmet was on, I didn't know him, so I didn't wave back.

What I don't like is that some people will ask me if I am mad at them just because i didn't wave back to them on the road. Hey, I am busy...driving... and I not looking for people that I know on the road and I was thinking of safely of other people around me at that time when you saw me.

Drive safe everybody.