Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Guy Thing?

Okay men here is a question for you. When you hit your thumb or fingers with a hammer what do you do with your hand? Where do you put it? My initial response is to stick it in my arm pit> Yeah, I know that sounds gross but it is the typical reaction. I also know I am not the only gentlemen who does this. My question, though, revolves around why the arm pit? Why is that so comforting? I don't know if I have ever seen a man holding his hand in his hand after smashing it with a hammer. Have you? I doubt it. I bet you seem him with his hand in his arm pit while doing some sort of rain dance and yelling epithets at the hammer. In fact, he may even through the hammer....
Still, I wonder why? My wife says women would never do such a thing. And she is probably right. Then again I have never seen a woman smash her thumb with a hammer...

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I shake my hand around in the air, then squeeze my bruised thumb in my other hand, then shake it around in the air again. This is done while all the time I am expressing my pain in groanings that cannot be uttered.

Glen Zehr said...

O.k. Glen: I asked my guys what they do with their hand. They shake it and hold it with the other hand. Must be a northern thing. :) trudy

(One of Rachel's Ants/Aunts sent this to me via email...)

Anonymous said...

Interesting observation. My smashed thumb or hand definitely goes into my arm pit. Not sure why. It seems to be a natural instinct for me and obviously a few others. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very interesting
When I smash my thumb or finger it go'es in my mouth to help comfort it.
then I get my momy to blow on it.
(just kidding about the blowing)
click on my name and check out our new web sight.