Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Day 3

This picture was taken around 5:30 after an axle broke on the chopper. We had another axle on an old weary version of this machine sitting in a rusty heap. Off of this relic we robbed the needed part. We did very well today in all aspects except looks. The trench is full and will be covered in the morning. I have thirty more acres to run over before I leave on a short camping expedition with my wife's family. My wife informed after taking this picture that I was not overly photogenic. In fact, I think her actual words were, You are not photogenic. Oh well, what can I say? Some people have the luxury of sitting in an air conditioned office all day. Others have the incredible luxury of sitting in an air conditioned tractor cab all day. Unfortunately, I have neither of these. Of course, I don't think sitting in an office is a very great way to spend the day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The heat today was down right oppressive! I am officially ready for my favorite time of year....Autumn. Its interesting hearing of your farm experiences. Keep it coming.