Friday, August 31, 2007

Ear Plugs

I used to never wear ear plugs. In the last five years I have been trying to stuff them in my ears whenever I would be sitting on the tractor for hours at a time, like chopping. For my birthday this year my wife bought me one of those headset kind of ear plugs. They are so nice. It is so much quieter then the ear plugs. Plus now I can listen to the radio which helps pass the time... Yesterday I started chopping about 8:30 and quit about 6:00. This is so sad... In that amount of time I covered about 40 acres and had maybe 10 loads to show for it. It may have been closer to 15.
Back to the ear plugs. I have had lots of trouble with my ears in the past. The last thing I need or want to do is ruin what I have left. I have enough trouble singing and hearing certain pitches now so I intend to not make it worse...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder why people neglect to wear hearing protection. I know so many older folks who can hardly hear anymore mainly because they failed to use any protection. I worked inside at a home manufacturing for four years. Nail guns were constantly banging. I wore earplugs all day long under those conditions. I am so glad I did!