Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

What is a perfect Sunday afternoon? What does it consist of? You go to church, I assume, eat lunch and then what? Are Sundays incomplete when the nap is missed? How often do you have company for lunch? If you go somewhere for lunch how long are you gone? All afternoon? The perfect Sunday afternoon for me consists of lying in my hammock that is swinging gently in the breeze. This hammock is hanging from a huge oak tree in my spacious backyard. Their are no cows to feed or milk because I happen to have the afternoon off. Oh yes, the flies, they would magically disappear and I would be able to sip some ice cold lemonade while floating in my hammock and reading. Much to my chagrin I do not have huge old oak tree, a hammock, or cold lemonade. Perhaps someday I will expierence this perfect Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Momof3 said...

Right now my 'perfect Sunday afternoon' would involve my family. Starting a week from today (Monday), Vern will have school 3 days a week, work 3 days a week, and is planning to be off on Sundays. Therefore, I know our Sunday afternoons are going to be precious family time, so I'm thinking just hanging out here at home, just the three of us, getting a nap in, playing on the floor with our daughter, not having to cook a full-course meal for supper.....enjoying a day set aside to just REST, and let the household chores wait till tomorrow.
~Lez

Anonymous said...

I guess I've never given a whole lot of thought to that question, although I was gettting a little envious when you were discribing the hammock, then I read that you didn't even have one. LOL

It seems like no two Sundays are the same for us. We often have company. Yesterday we passed out tracts in DC-that's always a highlight for our family. When I was at home, we lived on a farm and it was the most hectic day of the week. We drove an hour to church one way, plus milked twice a day-it was def. not a day of rest!