Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Granola

My wife tells me that she doesn't follow the recipe she just does what she wants to. Therefor, this recipe is patent pending....
She has graciously consented to give you her recipe, so, here it is.
Here is the basic recipe
12 cups oatmeal
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup organic br. sugar
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
Then I had 1/2 - 1 cup of 2 or 3 of these things
coconut
chopped nuts
slivered almonds
sesame seed
flax seed
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
oat bran
Mix all of that together then add
1 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups honey
1 TBSP vanilla
Mix well. Bake at 350 for 15 min. Stir. Bake 10 more minutes.
It is pretty sweet and I want to try it with no br. sugar next time.
Enjoy it!
RZ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) It looks great-and so simple!

Anonymous said...

I tried it-thank you :) I eliminated the brown sugar. It wasn't too sweet, but a little dry, so maybe the brown sugar keeps it a little moister. Great recipe, though! :)