Monday, August 21, 2006

Another Poll

Since I have had this little expierence with my eyes I had this very interesting thought. How many of you fine people wear something to improve your vision? Contacts, glasses, or have had laser surgery performed on your eyes? I have pair of glasses that I got just before I got married but I have never worn them much. Except for my wedding, Rachel thought I looked so distinguished in glasses. Ugh, I hate them, they are always fogging up and getting in the way. Plus they make my ears hurt.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm primarily near-sighted and wore contacts for twenty years, but about 4 years ago, when I started having difficulty focusing when reading, I went back to wearing specs. I wear the "progressive lenses" which graduate from a distance prescription in the upper portion of the lense down to a reading prescription at the bottom. What's nice about them is that, no matter what you're looking at, at whatever distance away, there is a point within that graduation where you can see the object clearly, and you find that point by inclining your head up or down until the object comes into focus. If you do a lot of computer work, where the monitor is at an in-between range, these lenses work beautifully. As for your ears hurting, I suspect you never wore your glasses long enough (probably about three weeks' worth is necessary) to get used to them. At your age, I'd try the extended-wear soft contact lenses. That will take care of the sweat on the lenses and the fogging problem!

Momof3 said...

I identify with you, Glen. I got glasses when I started driving, and wore themm only then, or for long-distance viewing...but got tired of the pushing up on my nose, fogging up, and yes, the ear thing. So didn't wear them much for a while. Finally started wearing them like I was supposed to, and then went to contacts....
Vern had glasses since back in his childhood, and is now wearing contacts as well.
We both have glasses for backup. I'll tell you, though--you go to contacts, and you'll never want to go back!
~Mrs. Doc