Monday, July 24, 2006

Wal-Mart

Well, well, after many moons of wining, complaining and other assorted negative approaches Wal-Mart finally heard our plaintive cry and opened a new store. Okay, I never talked to them I just talked about them. Anyway, they opened this new store about 15-20 miles from our house in Altavista. We had been going to Lynchburg but that is 30-45 minutes away when the traffic is light. Tonight we went to check out this new store and several things that caught my attention. It is obvious this store is new. The aisles are much wider. I can now push a double stroller through the store without using my horn/flashers/or my reverse beeper. The other thing I noticed was how slow it was. The number of people shopping was very small so the amount of time we spent standing in the check out line was minimal. I am hoping this will continue to be our shopping experience but I have my doubts. Good things must always come to an end...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Good things must always come to an end..."

This apparently includes the mom-n-pop shops that will close because the behemoth moved next door...

Glen Zehr said...

Probably. That was a big issue. Wal-Mart is actually out of town and they are scared it will drive all the buisness away from main street. probably will....