Thursday, July 13, 2006

Experiment

Some of you may be aware of the fact that I am living in a state of aloneness. My wife and children are in OH and are planning to stay there until we finish recording. I have discovered over the years that when my wife and family are gone I don't sleep as well. I don't know why that is but it is the truth. Yesterday while I was working I had storm in my brain. The brain storming thought I had was this; "Try sleeping on the couch and see if you sleep any better." So, I did and I did sleep much better. Now why would that be? I don't know but I plan to sleep on the couch again tonight...

7 comments:

Glen Zehr said...

You are blessed...
Of course, have you ever known anything different? Has she worked nights ever since you got married?

Glen Zehr said...

I'm sure. You are how old? like 19 or something?:)

Japheth said...

19??!! Ha, don't be silly! That is still probably his first beards groweth!!

Just kidding itf!!

Glen, is this your first time being seperated like this? I remember our first, but I must confess I was abel to sleep like a log. The worst was last summer when she was gone the whole time...well, at least almost two weeks of it! :-)

Glen Zehr said...

No, no no....
THis happens and has happened every year since we got married or since I started singing with VOP. This isnothing knew and I have never slept good while she is away. Even if it is only for one night. I think it is getting worse or better depending how you want to look at it.

Glen Zehr said...

One other thing. If I am gone it doesn't bother me. WHen we are on tour I sleep fine. It is only when I am home...
Wierd huh?

Anonymous said...

Well this is sure interesting Glen. I am the same way. When my wife is gone I do not sleep good at all. I do not sleep in our bed when she is gone either, it is just to lonely. We have a futon downstairs that I slept on the last time she was gone. By the way, can you tell I am laid up. I had surgery on my foot on Wednesday and have to have it up for two weeks. Shari and Norma showed me your blog here tonight so I am really enjoying reading your thoughts!

Nick

Glen Zehr said...

Glad you enjoyed it...
Hope your foot is improving and you are not in extreme pain....
GZ